Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Partridge Scalloped Potato Casserole

The other day while I was surfing the blogosphere I came across this recipe,  Country Supper.  
The picture looked yummy, but it needed some tweaking to work for my crew.  For starters, I don't buy scalloped potatoes in a box.  My version, as follows:

Partridge Scalloped Potato Casserole

12 C thinly sliced potatoes
9 Tbsp butter
9 Tbsp flour
5 1/2 C milk
3 tsp salt
A few good shakes cayenne pepper
3 C grated marble cheese
2 C frozen broccoli 
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 partridge, diced
1 C water
1 C grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
paprika

In a sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.  Add milk, stirring with a whisk.  Season with salt and cayenne.
  
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.  Reduce heat and stir in cheese.

Combine potatoes, broccoli, garlic, partridge and cheese sauce in roasting pan.
 
Cover and bake 2 hours at 350°F, stirring occasionally.
  
Top with cheese.  Cover and let melt.  Sprinkle with paprika.

Next time I make it, I'd like to add asparagus, or more broccoli, or both.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment